So I absolutely love lasagne. What I don’t like is how time consuming it can be if you want to make everything from scratch and use noodles you have to boil. When I worked at a pizza shop years ago, we also made this awesome lasagne that was quick and easy and can be customized to your liking. The trick is to use oven ready lasagne noodles. My favorite are Barilla oven ready noodles. I used Kroger brand because they were on sale, but I’ll probably stick with Barilla in the future because three per layer fits perfectly in my 9″x13″ inch casserole dish. So I’ll give you the instructions as if you were using Barilla noodles.
- Barilla Oven Ready Lasagne Noodles (also available gluten free in some stores)
- One jar of your choice of pasta sauce
- 32 oz of assorted cheese (I used mozzarella, an Italian cheese blend, and Parmesan)
- Ricotta cheese
- Italian Seasonings
- Pre-heat your oven to 400F.
- Take a 9″x13″ casserole dish and spread a thin layer of pasta sauce on the bottom. If you are going to make the lasagne with vegetables and/or meat, cook them now and mix them into the remaining sauce. Take three Barilla noodles and spread an even layer of ricotta on each. Sprinkle with Italian seasonings. Spread an even layer of pasta sauce over the ricotta. This will be slightly uneven if you used meat and/or veggies, but that’s okay. Top the layer with your chosen cheeses.
- Repeat step 2 for the second layer.
- For the third layer, skip the ricotta cheese step. Pour the remaining sauce over the top and spread it evenly and then top with cheese. I usually sprinkle a little more of Italian seasoning on the very top. You can make this with more layers, but you may need more sauce and cheese.
- Cover the casserole dish with foil. Cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Uncover for the last few minutes to let the cheese brown a little on top.
When it’s done, cut and serve with whatever sides you want. We usually just do simple with some garlic bread and a salad. The great thing about lasagne is that you can personalize it however you want. You can use homemade sauce or store bought. You can use tomato sauce or Alfredo. You can add Italian sausage, ground beef, ground turkey, ground chicken. You can add some spinach, onions, bell pepper, or any other veggies you think might taste good in lasagne. So play around with it. It’s hard to go wrong with lasagne.